Call of Cthulhu to GURPS Conversion Tool

 



Recently I have been getting really into media based around the Cthulhu Mythos (Color from Out of Space, Void, Mansions of Madness, etc) and have been going through some of my older gaming items including the 6th edition of Call of Cthulhu as well as some various adventures I've picked up either from Free RPG day or other events and thought to myself, you know I have the Cthulhupunk guide book and it has a conversion guide from CoC to GURPS so why not make use of it.

Well as it turns out a slightly older version of that same conversion guide is available free for use from the SJG website(link) which is super handy but I don't like doing a whole lot of fiddly converting by hand when I can program something to do the lifting for me. Breaking out Excel seemed like a natural choice for this project and so to work I went throwing together a handy little tool to help any one using just about any version of CoC to convert both characters and monsters over to GURPS.

I wont say its perfect, pretty, or all encompassing but it should help get any one else who wants to convert an adventure over to GURPS it should help speed up the process.

Let me know in the comments section if you tried it out and if it was of use. What adventures did you use it with. Did your players survive.......


CoC to GURPS Tool (Excel file)

Comments

Popular Posts